Talent Acquisition Specialist
Ottawa , ON
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is primarily responsible for performing all aspects of recruitment and staffing for the organization.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruiting: Advertising and soliciting resumes from qualified candidates; coordinating and attending career fairs across Canada; screening resumes and applications for suitability; conducting initial screening interviews, both telephone and personal; making hiring recommendations based upon the eligibility criteria provided.
- Marketing/Advertising: Increasing the BGIS brand to reach a broader and wider market of candidates; Finding new, innovating and creative ways to make BGIS an appealing and desirable company to work for, especially outside of our immediate industry.
- Social Media: Increase employment/talent brand via social media channels: LinkedIn, Fecebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Works with the Human Resources Director and Human Resources Consultants (HRCs) to ensure that BGIS conforms to government and regulatory hiring and employee management practices; Handling some administrative duties related to hiring.
- Maintains an updated matrix of qualified and potential candidates.
- Ensure effective and fast recruitment processes both internally and externally.
- Responsible for providing current recruitment knowledge and trends within the market.
- Works closely with HRCs to identify and make recommendations to recruitment needs.
- Suggests proper channels for approaching the right caliber candidates.
- Follows-up and coordinates with recruitment channels.
- Execute pre-screening and/or final phone/face to face interviews for junior & mid level posts & supports all parties in concern with assessment.
- Coordinate with universities and industry associations in relation to targeted hires
- Lead campus engagement program
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition Coordinator to ensure jobs are being reviewed; resumes are being sourced through various recruitment channels.
- Support HRCs with weekly update on recruitment progress.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in recruitment or a related field with a proven track record of success.
- Broad knowledge of current and cutting edge recruitment trends and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal Employment Equity legislation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience with Applicant Tracking tools (ideally, Taleo ATS).
- Exceptional work ethic, energetic, with strong values and principles,
- Good team player but able to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and accommodating and able to go above and beyond the basic expectations when required.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Bilingualism - English/French is an asset.
- Absolute commitment to customer services.
- And most importantly, must have a good sense of humour!
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- CHRP would be considered an asset
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
Quote Job Reference: 203903