Communications and Marketing Associate
Edmonton , AB
POSITION: Anticipated start date September 1, 2021
This role is based in Edmonton, but other working locations within Alberta may be considered. Occasional travel to Edmonton and within Rural Alberta required.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY RESUME NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER (FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES BELOW) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Alberta’s Rural Health Professions Action Plan (RhPAP) is one of Canada’s more comprehensive non-profit organizations (NPO) for the education, attraction, and retention of the health workforce in rural Alberta.
RhPAP is looking for a full-time Communications and Marketing Associate to plan, implement, and evaluate RhPAP’s internal and external marketing and communications initiatives as well as, with the rest of RhPAP’s Marketing and Communications Team, produce and manage content for the organization’s communications platforms. This position is one of high trust and the individual in this role will be held to a high standard of integrity and honesty. The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Bachelor level University degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field, and at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible and diversified experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent, and high priority projects.
- Well-developed communication and interpretation skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Access to internet with minimum speed of 50 Mbps download / 10 Mbps upload required for remote employees.
- Experience within a rural and/ or health-care environment is an asset.
- Possessing a passion for telling Alberta stories is a must.
- It is critical that candidates be sociable and be able to build relationships within the diverse rural, remote, and Indigenous communities we serve.
The Communications and Marketing Associate will be expected to:
- Monitor, maintain, and update communication platforms, including RhPAP corporate website.
- Represent RhPAP’s voice and brand through web and social media.
- Build and enhance relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support other departments and partners with their communications requirements, while ensuring brand consistency and alignment with organizational strategies.
- Be accountable and act with honesty and integrity at all times, while abiding by all relevant organizational policies including RhPAP’s Social Media Policy.
- Fulfill other duties as may be assigned.
- Full-time salary range: $65,000 - $92,000
- Broad benefits package
- Potential to work in Edmonton office or remotely post-COVID (negotiable)