Commercial Food Service Talent Ambassador
Toronto , ON
July 9, 2022
Heritage Food Services Group of Canada Ltd.
Commercial Food Service Talent Ambassador aka National Talent Acquisition Specialist
Come join a dynamic and growing company. Heritage Food Service Group of Canada is the national representative of four regional brands: Key Food Equipment Service (Western and Central Canada), RG Henderson (Ontario), Choquette CKS (Eastern Ontario and Quebec) and Walker's Gas and Electric (the Maritime Provinces). We are an authorized service company to more than 80 equipment manufacturers, and are CFESA certified. We provide direct service in 13 markets with almost 200 technicians and leverage relationships with 60+ service companies to provide National Coverage. We are the leader within our industry and are looking to grow our national team!
Are you seeking an opportunity where you can hone your talent acquisition wizardry or do you have unique knowledge of the gas and refrigeration skilled trades and looking for a career change? Heritage Food Services Group of Canada is seeking a National Talent Acquisition Specialist to complement our national Human Resources team.
We are looking for an individual who ideally brings industry experience from business development or commercial operations of a gas or refrigeration commercial food equipment service company. You would bring industry partnerships to the table that can be used to develop a pipeline of talent along with other relationships from colleges, trade schools, and trade associations.
The ideal candidate thrives on building strong connections with people and will be comfortable at leveraging the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and social media to uncover talent of tomorrow.
How You'll Contribute:
- Drive talent acquisition primarily for service technicians and refrigeration mechanics, and secondarily for other functions such as customer service, warehouse, IT, and finance/accounting, by performing full cycle recruitment: job postings, advertising campaigns (colleges, online postings, word of mouth, social media, trade associations), interviewing (pre-screen, phone and in-person), and background checks.
- Leverage and develop relationships with colleges and trade schools to schedule information sessions, job fairs, and networking events with senior technicians and local leaders
- Utilize targeted and direct Boolean search methods to approach passive candidates through LinkedIn, Indeed.ca, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and other media as identified
- Build talent pipeline of qualified candidates on the ATS and maintain ongoing contact
What You'll Bring:
- At least three (3) years of industry experience in business development or commercial operations of a gas or refrigeration commercial food equipment service company or similar field, or experience in a full-cycle recruiting role with focus on gas or refrigeration skilled trades
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in human resources, business management, or related industry would be considered an asset
- French and English bilingualism is an asset
- Valid provincial driver's license, clean driver's abstract, and access to a reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to occasionally travel across the country
- Ability to work across time-zones
- Demonstrable experience in the development of market specific recruitment sourcing strategies or have built a rolodex of industry contacts to fuel the recruiting process and increase talent pipeline
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and aptitude in using applicant tracking system (ATS)
Why work for us?
- Comprehensive Benefits Program which include: Extended health, dental benefits, STD, LTD, EFAP
- Retirement savings program
- You will be part of a national organization with international operations that is growing and an industry leader in commercial kitchen equipment service in Canada.
Heritage Foodservice Group of Canada Limited is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under the applicable accessibility laws.
Quote Job Reference: 171983