Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor
Windsor , ON
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Windsor, Ontario, N8X 1E8 is currently hiring a Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor
Do you love being engaged in many tasks in a versatile occupation? Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? We are looking for an Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor. You will helpSemi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from crafting kitchen cabinets to building bridges. For example, some Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor:
- Insulate office buildings
- Install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes
- Install the wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars
- Erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings.
You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines.Semi-Skilled Carpenter / Labor fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and will do a final check to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
Note - Pay Rate for this Job is $18/ Hour
- Metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Cutting materials using different tools without errors
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Placing and securing wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
- Able to use basic tools and read a tape measure
- One year of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred
- Basic math skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred - please contact your local branch about how we can provide you with OSHA training
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the jobsite
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
Quote Job Reference: PR/1232176