Poultry Operation Supervisor
Etegra Services Ltd.
Chilliwack , BC
October 3, 2021
Chicken Catching Operations Supervisor
Business Information: We are a poultry industry services provider, offering chicken handling and vaccinating services to farmers in the Lower Mainland. We also provide the labour/service of loading poultry into modules which are then shipped off, by another company, to external poultry processing plants in the Lower Mainland, BC.
Business Location: Unit 6 – 8465 Harvard Pl, Chilliwack, BC, V2P 7Z5
Work Location: Various locations across Lower Mainland, BC
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of chicken catchers
- Supervise and oversee chicken catching-related programs
- Monitoring animal health
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Ensure that the safety of the chicken catching operations’ and bio-security procedures are followed
- Maintain work records and logs
- Train and orient staff
- Supervise, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment to bring loading modules and containers in and out of the predetermined poultry barns to be loaded with chickens and then onto trucks headed to the processing facilities.
- May assist chicken catchers with general duties
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience as a chicken catcher or poultry operation supervisor is required. If the candidate does not have a minimum of 1 year of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Large workload
- Repetitive tasks, physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching and kneeling
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure.
- Personal suitability: flexibility, team player, organized, excellent oral communication
- Work site environment: noisy, outdoors, dusty, odours, at heights, confined spaces, wet/damp, hot, cold/refrigerated
- Ability to Supervise: 5-10 chicken catchers
Salary: $18.50 to 20.50 hourly, 35-40 hours per week.
Benefits: We will provide appropriate equipment for the job (gloves, masks, coveralls). Transportation will be provided to and from the job site(s). Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: Schedule is from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM or from 8:00 AM to 4:30pm, work days are from Monday to Friday. (Work hours depend on how many birds are to be loaded o / a business needs in order to maintain animal welfare). Some night shifts, as well as weekend work, will be required when necessary.