Vancouver , BC
Deetken Impact specializes in impact investing – we make a positive social and environmental impact in the Americas, with a deeper focus on Latin America and the Caribbean. We invest in emerging economies to generate long term returns while helping communities grow and prosper.
Impact investing is about supporting entrepreneurs and communities. The businesses we select are poised to provide essential services in their respective countries, from health care and education to clean energy. They are businesses that significantly improve the lives of under-served communities, giving them opportunities for growth and development that would otherwise be unavailable.
Deetken Impact is hiring a Managing Director of our Revenue Based Financing initiative. This is a full-time, year-round, permanent position based from our Canadian office, located at 500 - 210 Broadway St. W, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Y 3W2.
Annual salary: $139,360 CAD
Vacation: 4 weeks per year
Benefits: Access to extended health benefits
Language of work: English and Spanish
- Lead Deetken Impact’s Revenue Based Financing (RBF) initiative in Latin America encompassing the full deal cycle, from origination, screening and analysis of investment opportunities, to due diligence workstream management, and active portfolio management through eventual exit;
- Provide input to determine Deetken Impact’s strategic direction, and build and maintain region-wide, high-trust working relationships in a manner congruent with the company’s mission and values;
- Identify and source impact-focused businesses that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals with a sector agnostic outlook centered on businesses that can contribute to societal and/or environmental wellbeing and deliver attractive financial returns
- Screen and evaluate investment opportunities in Deetken Impact’s priority countries, including Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, and Central America
- Manage multi-country comprehensive operational, legal, accounting, compliance, and tax due diligence processes by coordinating multiple institutional service providers;
- Lead a multi-disciplinary regional team of professionals (including the Chief Information Officer, Portfolio Manager, Investment Officers and Investment Analysts) by proactively prioritizing workloads to ensure clear deliverables and roles;
- Identify and hire middle management and executive staff as required;
- Drive an active investment oversight approach to portfolio value creation by participating on portfolio company boards and tracking impact and performance metrics defined to each investment
- Provide guidance on all communication at both an asset and investor level, including Investment Committees, LPABs and fundraising
- Generate thought leadership around the importance of tailored, self-liquidating financial structures for impact-focused enterprises;
- Represent Deetken Impact at public gatherings, conferences, panel sessions, and other official functions.
- Master’s degree in Business;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in finance and/or private equity investing, with prior work experience in impact investing required;
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English;
- Solid investment track record in Latin America with proven experience directly sourcing, negotiating and closing multi-country investments;
- Working knowledge around creating self-liquidating investment structures (i.e., other than traditional debt or equity), with a strong preference for prior experience using Revenue Based Financing (RBF) structures;
- Proven record of success investing in limited resource settings;
- A genuine passion for impact investing and promoting the growing Latin American ecosystem is very important.