Mechanical Conveyor Installer
IMI Material Handling Logistics
Montreal , QC
Who We Are:
IMI is a leading provider of labour solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. With 20 years in the industry, we have established ourselves in the industry by creating great relationships with both our employees and clients.
Our main goal is to provide hard working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company we’ve probably worked with them.
Not only has our company grown based on the great work our employees provide for our clients, but we are also always looking for innovative ways to make everyone’s job a little bit easier – whether that be through our developing artificial intelligence or what we offer our employees for their hard work.
We’re hoping you trust us with your career, as it’s just important to us as it is to you.
Who We’re Looking for:
IMI is looking for someone who’s self-motivated, and result-oriented for upcoming contracts as a Mechanical Conveyor Installer.
We’re hoping you are someone who is mechanically inclined, with a willingness to accept instruction and a variety of new tasks with a positive attitude and a comfortability of working at heights up to 30 feet. With that being said, we hope that most importantly, you have a high degree of safety awareness.
Required Qualifications :
The right candidate for this position must have verification of their high school diploma or GED & certifications, as well as one or more years’ experience in construction or in warehouse conveyors.
If you suit the above, you could be responsible for:
- Assembling mechanical conveyors.
- Using hand tools, cordless power tools and mechanical assembly of tools while handling materials and fasteners.
- Verifying accuracy and quality in accordance with established standards
- Installing Guard rail, rack, air piping (aluminum, copper, black iron).
- Operating Forklift / Scissor lift safely.
Worksites can be dangerous, so in order to ensure your safety at all times, we require you always possess a hard hat, steel-toe boots, work gloves, safety vest, and work goggles.
Due to the many responsibilities we are tasking our employees with, we ask they have some or all of the following:
- Any or all basic hand tools, and a tool box or bag.
- Tape measure
- 2LB small sledge hammer
- Level (7-10 inch)
- Band cutters (tin snips)
- 3/8” ratchet set with standard sockets ranging from 3/8” to 1” (deep well recommended)
- Standard wrench set
- Set of standard Allen wrenches
- Line up pin or drift-pin (8-10 inches long)
- Square (small carpenter one)
©2019 IMI – A Global People Company
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: