E-Commerce Manager- Peace + Freedom Project
Solar Ship Inc.
Toronto , ON
August 31, 2021
The E-commerce manager will launch the Peace + Freedom e-commerce platform. They will be responsible for developing processes and strategies required to create an e-commerce platform that will enable trading of products between sellers from economically developing locations and end users. This project involves developing and functional designing an e-commerce platform, creating a team and establishing systems to setup process that will facilitate the development of stakeholders, team members, sellers and customers.
Location of Employment: 50 Carroll Street, Toronto M4M 3G3
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Salary: $65,000 (30 hours per week)
Benefits: Extended Medical and Dental/ Disability Insurance/ travel benefits
Vacation: 15 days per year
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the the design of e-commerce platform & mobile app, highlight new features that require customization and work with relevant teams to validate.
- To manage the organization's online presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
- Initiate and conduct market research including local concepts, competitor analysis, target market development etc.
- Develop learning plans and conduct trial run supporting the e-commerce project to advance new capabilities.
- Create and review the platform vendor roadmap and identify new functionalities.
- Define areas of improvement that includes adding new features and functionality.
- Lead and collaborate with stakeholders to identify gaps, develop strategies and create a roadmap for implementation.
- Develop processes and methods to leverage data metrics and continuously research to identify opportunities to improve the overall experience of sellers and customers.
- Forecast and Lead the hiring of development, promotions, and communication staff required and oversee their daily activities.
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to improve and maintain operational excellence that contributes to organizational success.
- Develop systems to manage seller relationships that includes onboarding, training and development.
- Establish standards and guidelines for seller, monitoring sellers to ensure these guidelines are being followed.
- Play an active role in accelerating the e-commerce capabilities across the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating internal systems and databases when required.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in ecommerce management including some team leading experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to navigate the complex and ambiguous processes.
- Possess both a high-level strategy viewpoint as well as be able to work through details at all levels.
- Critical thinking, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, a team player capable of juggling multiple projects, and a curious learner.
- Market research and analytical skills.
- Amazon Web Services - Data & Analytics, Business Applications & Internet of Things
- Seller & Vendor Central - Tools & portal to manage the sellers, inventory and their operational functions
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate including Data Validation, Pivot Tables & Charts, Sparkline
- Ability to work with both tech and business teams, especially in developing requirements and testing of new system and processes.
- Ability to react to change productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving and strong people management skills.
- Successful demonstration of driving change.
- Ability to build relationships among the team, stakeholders and sellers.