Social Media Community Manager
Vancouver , BC
Soigné is a Vancouver-based boutique Hospitality Consulting & Digital Storytelling agency whose clients are leaders in Vancouver’s food and beverage industry. We’re looking for a motivated and qualified Social Media Community Manager to join our team as the face and voice of our clients’ brands and to manage all community communications. The ideal candidate is a “people person” with exceptional verbal, written, and customer service skills; is experienced in social media and/or PR; is tech-savvy; and is excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Under the supervision of the Head of Social, the Community Manager will engage with clients and customers across various social media channels; run contests, manage restaurant-audience conversations, and maintain brand integrity; and liaise with the content creation team to maximize brand exposure, leveraging collateral from our in-house videographers and photographers, while enjoying a level of autonomy to execute ideas.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Moderate, monitor and engage in online and offline conversations with our community across all social channels and traditional media, boosting engagement with our audience and relevant industry peers;
- Set and implement social media strategies and campaigns;
- Respond to online reviews, comments and customer queries in a timely manner;
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews;
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness;
- Plan, deploy, curate, and manage all social media content (visual and written) with support from content creation departments;?
- Bring creativity and inspiration for new social content, promotions, etc. that drive brand objectives;??
- Ensure?social?communication supports brand standards and reflects brand values;
- Coordinate between internal and external departments to organize content production;
- Research trends in consumer behavior and social media trends and industry best practices;
- Assist the Head of Social and Content Creator & Curator in developing strategic recommendations and campaigns.
- 1-3 years social media management experience for brands;
- A degree or certificate from a reputable education institution with a focus in communications, marketing, public relations, or other relevant discipline;
- Understanding of social audits and analytics — interpret & report;
- Knowledge of strategy development & campaign execution;
- Strong visual sensibility/strong sense of visual style; strong layout, typography and graphics standards;
- Experience using social media management software for managing content scheduling, creating content calendars;
- Excellent English written?and verbal communication skills and an understanding of the importance of a consistent brand voice;?
- Project management and organization skills;
- Comfortable working independently, and able to take direction and run with it; quick learner and able to adapt in a fast paced environment;?
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Willingness to learn and take direction from creative leads;
- Must be able to go on-site, meet with clients and supervise shoots (up to 10 hours a month)
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
PREFERRED / Skills that make us smile
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Later or other social media management platforms;
- Experience creating and formatting newsletters;
- Has their finger on the pulse for trends and events happening in Vancouver with emphasis on the food and beverage industry;
- Has a strong interest in current events, trends, and advancements in all things media related;
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
JOB TYPE: Part-time
Compensation: $15/hr - $20/hr Based on experience
Schedule: Weekday/Weekends - Must be available to dedicate time on weekends
Location: Vancouver/ from Home