Training & Events Coordinator
Winnipeg , MB
June 11, 2021
Our client, a not-for-profit, industry-led association dedicated to promoting Manitoba?s vibrant food and beverage industry, is seeking a Training & Events Coordinator to join their team!
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for someone who is supremely organized and detailed-oriented, enjoys working directly with clients, and being right where the action is while making things happen.
As the Training & Events Coordinator, you will be able to interact personally with different businesses and clients, and you will also be responsible for all of the behind the scenes coordination for events, networking, and training sessions. This includes working with a small budget, scheduling training sessions for clients, and contacting venues to book space, arrange catering and supplies, and more.
- Assist clients with training inquiries, scheduling, and customization
- Source potential trainers
- Research meeting and event venues to achieve the most favorable terms and choose the best combination of quality and cost, and book reservations
- Coordinate donations/sponsorships for events and ensure deliverables are met
- Coordination of career fairs (plan materials & equipment, set up and take down of booth, greeting, etc.)
- Ordering refreshments for events and training sessions
- Organizing of events (i.e. golf tournament) with support from the team
- Other duties as assigned
- University or college degree is required
- 1 ? 3 years in a similar role
- Familiar with various video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Strong prioritizing and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to build relationships with various stakeholders - industry, facilitators, government, consultants, and diverse populations
- Knowledge of the Agri-food industry (food and beverage manufacturing and primary agriculture sub-sectors) is a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Valid Class 5 Driver?s License and reliable vehicle required
Quote Job Reference: 213145