Bilingual Senior Lease Analyst
Ottawa , ON
The Bilingual Senior Lease Analyst - Lease Administration is responsible for abstracting key information from lease agreements, entering and maintaining the integrity of lease data within the lease management database as well as collecting and depositing monthly rental payments on behalf of the Government. At this position level, the Senior Revenue Accountant provides guidance to less experienced team members and supports the Manager, Lease Administration in abstraction and financial deliverable reviews.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews lease agreements and abstracts key information including but not limited to lease provisions, clauses, options and critical dates, property information, business, legal and financial agreements and obligations, terms and conditions.
- Enters and maintains lease agreement information within lease management database. Responsible for data integrity of lease information.
Rent Collection and Reporting
- Prepares monthly revenue reporting as outlines in Contractual requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to other team members in Data Management in Real Lease.
- Assist in monthly Rent Roll review and commentary.
- Assist in overseeing rent deposit functions and reporting to mitigate risk and errors.
- Complete Accounts Receivable management of collections, depositing and reporting on Tenant billings, payments an arrears.
- Prepare and maintain Monthly forecasting.
- Lead the variance analysis reporting on 3rd party billings vs 3rd party collections.
- Budget assumption development and forecasting for 5-year plan, conducted 2 times in a year.
- Review and maintain Parking Revenue Management structure and assist in ensuring data integrity in the system.
Additional Rent Review
- Conducts annual review of operating costs budget increases (i.e. grounds maintenance cost, realty taxes = “additional rent”) to be charged to the 3rd Party Tenant. Compares forecast against historical information to review reasonableness of budget increase. Verifies reasons for proposed budget increases and respond to inquiries from Tenants.
- Prepares year-end reconciliations, year-end CPI adjustments, ensure recoveries are accurate and complete.
- Makes recommendations on expenditure concerns as well as on procedures and systems related to BGIS.
- Provides guidance to Revenue Accountant.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- College / University degree in Business Admin, Commerce, or equivalent training. (3 to 5 years related experience Lease Administration, Real Estate Accounting, or Property Management with exposure to commercial leases)
- Bilingual in English and French
- Ability to interpret complex commercial lease language. (Experience with using a lease administration database)
- Advanced financial/analytical skills. (Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 202813