Keats Island Construction and Services Ltd.
Gibsons , BC
August 26, 2021
Business information: We are a family owned and operated business, operating in the Sunshine Coast, Howe Sounds and Sea-to-Sky region for more than 40 years specializing in serving the unique challenges of island construction and marine logistics. Our services include renovation, new builds, stairs and decks, fencing, docks, utility and infrastructure installations.
Business Address: 299 Forin Rd, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Work Location: Various locations throughout the Southern Gulf Islands
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Supervise workers and projects
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Set up equipment
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Prepare production and other reports
- Estimate costs and materials
- Assist general labourers if necessary
- Drive flat deck truck to get materials from suppliers to perform duties
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a carpenter or cabinetmaker are required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate, OR Completion of a two-to-three-year apprenticeship program is required.
- At least one year as a supervisor in a related discipline is required.
- Strong basic math skills are required.
- Ability to use hand/power tools.
- Ability to supervise 5-10 people.
- Candidate must be familiar with working around water, on boats and floating platform.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, Overtime required, Handling heavy loads, Manual dexterity, Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Hand-eye co-ordination.
- Personal suitability: Initiative, Excellent written communication, Values and ethics, Team player, Reliability, Organized, Judgement, Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Dependability, Client focus, Accurate, Effective interpersonal skills.
- Work site environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dangerous, Dusty, Wet/damp.
- Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- Driver’s License is required.
- SVOP is a strong asset.
Salary: $35.00 – $37.00 per hour, 40 - 45 Hours per week.
Benefits: Mileage paid
This position will require flexibility on schedule. The employee will work from Monday to Friday from 7:45 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime and weekend work may be required based on the clients’ needs.