Farm Supervisor (Stable Supervisor)
King City , ON
August 20, 2021
Employer: Valhalla Equestrian Center Limited o/a Valhalla Equestrian
Business Information: Valhalla Equestrian is a professional boarding and training facility, with a focus on high quality horses’ care.
Business Address: 16845 Jane St, King City, ON L7B 1A3
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Maintain quality control and production records and logs
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Supervise and oversee breeding and other horses-related programs
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm/stable workers
- Monitoring animal health
- Perform general farm duties
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Feed inventory
- Handling animals
- Show horse preparation
- Maintain horses performance records
- Recognize and treat certain horses health problems
- Assist in order supplies
- Muck out stalls
- Turn out horses to paddocks
- Wrap horses' legs
- Assist with veterinary treatments
- Pay bills and maintain records
- Arrange transportation to shows or races
- Schedule horses’ lessons
- Handle the scheduling of routine veterinary visits and farrier visits.
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Experience: At least two years of experience in the field are required. If the candidate does not have at least two years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Ability to supervise: 2-5 people
- Basic horse farm/stable knowledge is required
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Large workload, Overtime required
- Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, Organized, Team player, Flexibility, Dependability, Judgement
- - Affinity with animals and their care
Salary: $21.35 hourly, 40 - 44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Canadian Pension Plan, Transportation to shows, events and veterinary visits is provided, accommodation provided at a discounted rate and transportation costs covered if worker needs relocation.
Important Information: Position requires flexibility in schedule. Standard work schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday. From 7am to 3:30pm. Occasionally, due to events and veterinary visits, the candidate will be requested to work extended hours.
Work location information: Rural area