Operations Manager - Banking and Investment
GIC Merchant Bank Corporation
Toronto , ON
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Suite 1700, 333 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5H 2R2
GIC Merchant Bank Corporation (“GIC Merchant Bank”) invests in private companies with a focus on consolidation strategy. Alongside its diverse portfolio of investments, GIC Merchant Bank offers a variety of capital markets advisory services for M&A and strategies, as well as start-up and growth business strategy advice and capital market consulting. GIC Merchant Bank has key strategic networks throughout North America, China, and the Middle East.
GIC Merchant Bank is currently hiring an Operations Manager – Banking and Investment. As a vital part of the team, the Operations Manager – Banking and Investment, will manage daily operations for the company, with a particular focus on optimizing processes and resources to grow the company’s business for China-oriented companies.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive offered salary of $103,800, for 37.5 hours of work per week. Group insurance benefits are offered.
- Manage GIC Merchant Bank’s day-to-day operations, with an eye to optimal efficiency, adaptability, and responsiveness to market conditions.
- Actively promote the company and develop business in Chinese markets.
- Assist GIC Merchant Bank in developing and implementing its corporate strategy in Chinese markets.
- Contribute to the development of a risk management process to ensure the company acts quickly on business and investment opportunities, while also following all screening and due diligence procedures.
- Analyze and assess GIC Merchant Bank’s current operations, and create a roadmap to improve and streamline the company’s investment activities for Chinese companies and China-Canada cross border transactions.
- Foster strong, synergistic relations with potential and existing Chinese strategic partners to expand the company’s network and reach in China, including banks, other financial institutions, investment companies, high net worth clients, regulatory agencies, business partners and other enterprises.
- Market the company’s investment projects, private equity and debt raising, and M&A services to existing and potential clients, focusing on clients based in China.
- Contribute knowledge to deal structure including terms of equity and or debt/debenture investments.
- Meet and liaise with key clients on an ongoing basis.
- Compile data from internal and external sources, consolidate into reports and/or presentations for executive management.
- Train the company’s investment personnel on Chinese working practices to better assess Chinese investment targets, provide input for new hires dedicated to the China market as necessary.
- Completion of MBA or master’s degree (preferably in finance or business-related field).
- 5 or more years of senior-level experience in managing bank, investment bank or merchant bank operations.
- 5 or more years of experience in business development and promoting investment or financial products.
- Extensive experience and highly familiar with the Chinese banking and investment landscape and capital markets.
- Existing relationships and network with relevant Chinese strategic partners, including banks, other financial institutions, investment companies, high net worth clients, regulatory agencies, business partners and enterprises.
- Fluency with Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in Mandarin.