Shipper / Receiver
Hydroperfect International Inc
Mississauga , ON
This is your opportunity to join our small team as our new Shipper/Receiver following the planned transition of our colleagues. We have been serving our North America customers since 1981 as the proud Canadian division of a European manufacturer of hydraulic gear pumps considered one of the best in the world since 1966.
You will be solely responsible for all shipping and receiving duties, from preparing products for shipment, receiving products, all shipping/receiving data entry using our in-house inventory system, ordering warehouse supplies, and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean warehouse environment.
- Perform general warehouse duties such as: picking, packing, shipping, and receiving.
- Load and unload trucks, unload sea containers, maintain warehouse stock locations using our propane counter-balance forklift and pallet trucks while rotating inventory stock to use the oldest stock first.
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, etc… as required.
- Perform quality control and final inspection of parts for shipment to customers.
- Ensure incoming products are received and managed appropriately.
- Cross check invoices and waybills for accuracy and follow-up on any errors.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for shipment when required.
- Prepare and ship all spare parts orders including modifications to spare parts as needed.
- Work with in-house inventory database to receive and ship all items, perform all data entry tasks and inventory adjustments as needed with approval, proactively address any inventory inaccuracy.
- Create shipping documentation using courier platforms such as UPS, USF Holland, YRC Reimer, etc…, such as waybills, customs paperwork, etc… and schedule freight pick-ups.
- Accurately file correspondence, commercial invoices, packing slips, etc…
- Order and maintain warehouse supplies levels.
- Ensure propane counter-balance fork lift remains in good working condition.
- Participate in bi-annual inventory stock counts.
- Work in a safe manner and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- High level of integrity and work ethic, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, self-driven and self-motivated, good communication and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a multi-priority environment.
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team in a warehouse environment with a small group of people, a team player who is ready to help out where and when required.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position which may include bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 lbs. on occasion), standing for long periods, repetitive motions.
- Experience working as a Shipper/Receiver in a warehouse environment.
- Safe experience with propane counter-balance forklift (licensed operator) and manual pallet trucks.
- Inventory management experience is an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Minimum high school graduation or equivalent.