Bearstone Ex Inc.
Calgary , AB
August 12, 2021
Business information: We are a full-service masonry company that specializes in all aspects of the masonry industry. We cover a vast array of projects from commercial to high-end residential.
Business address: 53 Industry Way SE, Calgary, AB, T3S 0A2
Work Location: Various locations within Calgary and the surrounding areas of Cochrane, Airdrie and Okotoks. These locations vary depending on the company’s projects.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Instruct apprentices
- Supervise other workers
- Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
- Drive to different job sites to perform job duties
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required. If candidate does not have at least three years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate or a three- to four-year apprenticeship program is required.
- Have or be ready to obtain the Bricklayer Certificate delivered by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Office is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License is required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Reliability, Accurate
Salary: $38.00 to $40.00 hourly, 40-44 Hours per week
Benefits: 9.6% Vacation Paid. We provide cost-shared benefits after 3-month probationary period.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Schedule will be Monday to Friday; starting at 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Overtime may be required.