Procurement Specialist - Electrical Supplies
Mississauga , ON
May 2, 2021
Imagine a job with an excellent long-term career growth potential with very large, stable, National B2B electrical products distributor. A Permanent opportunity in the GTA Head-office with full benefits.
Business has remained strong through this long Pandemic and we have not laid off anyone. If fact, this is a growth role.
We need an experienced Electrical Supplies Purchaser for our Wire & Cable Commodity buys. At a high level, you will be responsible for the purchasing millions of dollars of residential, commercial, and industrial cable - volume buys to regular replenishment. Research new products, explore new opportunities, and monitor precious metals markets.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring we have stock when we need it and maintaining these stock levels at the desired level of turns
- Effectively manage commodity purchases
- Negotiate discounts with preferred vendors
- Develop and maintain beneficial vendor relationships
- Control inventory levels
Are you qualified? We hope so. We require this:
- 2-3 years Wire Purchasing Experience – Must Have
- Solid communication skills
- Inventory Management Systems experience
Do you also have these additional desired skills and experiences?
- SCMP / PMAC accreditation (or in-progress) – Nice to Have
- Infor Distribution SX Enterprise (SX.e) ERP Knowledge
- College Diploma or Certificate a definite advantage!
Very competitive Base Salary and Productive Bonus plan. Flexible Group Benefits including medical with Vision Plan, Pension, Education support, and a joint Investment Plan.
- Flexible Group Benefits
- Bonus Program
- RRSP Program – 3.5% Matching
Covid-19 Work Practices
Our client follows Heath Unit safety protocols.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this opportunity. We recognize the effort it takes. We review EVERY resume submitted. We would like to reply to each and every applicant, however, time simply does not permit it. We will reply to candidates whose resume matches the client's needs.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: