Pro Laser Plus Ltd
Concord , ON
June 30, 2021
Pro Laser Plus Ltd., located in Concord, Ontario (L4K 3L5), is currently seeking a Welder Fitter to join our growing team.
Our company provides a wide-range of in-house services including laser metal cutting and water jet services for various types of materials.
We provide our customers with numerous value-added services such as forming, rolling, welding and fabrication, finishing and assembly, and various other engineering services.
We offer a competitive package which includes health and dental benefits.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from 1-2 years
- 2-3 years experience as MIG, TIG/Welder Fabricator;
- CWB certification;
- Knowledge of raw materials, production process and material properties.
- Experience using welding equipment, shears, manual cutting utensils, polishing machines and cranes.
- Knowledge of welding techniques: MIG; Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (23Kg) frequently throughout the work day;
- Must be able to accommodate changing work shifts, including midnight to 7 a.m.;
- Must be able to stand and to work with hands for extended periods;
- Must have good spatial awareness and hand eye coordination.
Job-related technical skills:
- Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to read BOM listing, technical drawings, and/or blueprints;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Communicate with co-workers to ensure production schedules are met;
- Ability to work manually with hands;
- High attention to details;
- Understanding of metal and material tolerances is a must.
Reporting to the Lead Welder Fitter, the Welder Fitter is responsible for setting up, operating and maintaining manual or semi-automatic welding equipment, performing fitting, TIG, MIG and spot welding. More specifically, the Welder Fitter is responsible for:
- Planning sequence of necessary actions for completion of a job;
- Conducting safety checks on equipment and daily maintenance in compliance with safety standards;
- Reading and interpreting drawings and/or blue prints;
- Interpreting welding process specifications;
- Performing fitting and TIG, MIG, and spot welding;
- Operating saw, sears, and manual plasma cutting machine;
- Performing grinding and polishing;
- Performing dimensional inspections;
- Using crane, pallet mover, or forklift to relocate welded parts, bins, or skids to a designated area for further processing or shipping area, if completed;
- Laying out, fitting, and welding fabricated components to assemble metal parts;
- Selecting equipment and planning layout, assembly, and welding;
- Bolting, clamping, and tack-welding parts to secure in position for welding;
- Applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques;
- When required, performing grinding and polishing;
- Reading work orders and tagging a product, as required;
- Using various inspecting techniques, including calipers, micrometers, drop indicators, etc.;
- Completing records, as required;
- Keeping track of welding equipment and gases and letting supervisor know of any shortages;
- Detecting faulty equipment, improper operations, and unusual conditions and reporting to supervisor;
- Utilizing E2Shop ERP System for everyday job process;
- Performing other duties, as assigned by management.
- Work Location: Concord, ON (L4K 3L5)
- Job Vacancies: One (1)
- Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
- Work Hours: 40 Hours/Week, with occasional overtime
- Wages: $24.50/Hour; and overtime rate of $36.75 paid after 44 hours per week
- Benefits: Eligible for standard company benefits
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- Language Requirements: English
Work Setting and Environment:
To keep our employees safe as possible, we follow instructions and regulations provided by the Toronto Public Health and other public health institutions of Toronto and the Province of Ontario. The enforcement of these public health bylaws and orders continues to be a priority for our company.