Office Administrative Assistant, Transportation
Ace City Inc.
Mississauga , ON
August 31, 2021
Unit 21, 1850 Britannia Road East, Mississauga, ON
Ace City is a recognized player in transportation and distribution across North America. Our services offerings provide flexibility and consistent performance for your truckload and less-than-truckload shipping needs.
Owning and managing asset across the North America means better control of your freight shipment as they move to their final delivery point. We are specialized in dry van solutions. Service can be customized to meet any situation in order to take full advantage of a seamless and cost efective solution.
We are growing Transportation Company and currently looking for energetic and enthusiastic Office Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Term: Permanent, Full time
Business Type: TRANSPORT
Number of Position: 1
Salary: $24.50 per hour
- Carry out administrative activities associated with freight orders and shipments
- Administer processing of shipments and logistics files
- Prepare and process invoices and orders processing
- Prepare payment cheques for services and contractors expenses
- Answer telephone, electronics communications and enquiries of contractors, transporters, clients and third-party logistics
- Assist logistics dispatch with office administration activities
- Greet clients, contractors and other visitors visiting office, direct visitors to appropriate colleague. Represent business with excellent client services
- Keep the office safe following health guidelines for COVID-19
- Setup and schedule, confirm appointments (in-person) and Microsoft Teams/Zoom meeting with clients
- Order office and maintain office supplies such as printers supply/service, papers, FAX and other office desks supplies
- Co-ordinate with courier services and Canada post to send and receive office mails
- Review and evaluate delivery documents for safe handing and border crossing of goods
- Prepare delivery orders, shipment labels and process data entries for shipments and logistics
- Partner with other team to assist and administer transport and warehouse office administration activities
- Book travel such as flights, hotels and arrange other schedules for office staff for their company travel plans and truck drivers for their freight visits as required
- Manage internal filing and handling of documents
- May need to prepare business presentation for potential clients to assist sales team to pitch new sales
- Must have completed grade 12, completion of post secondary program is an asset
- Experience in office administration, experience in transportation is an asset
- Great command on Microsoft Office Applications, MS Excel, electronics scheduler and Adobe Professional for document processing. Working knowledge of cloud storage, invoice processing and document management system is an asset
- Must have good knowledge of Quickbooks software application
- Setting up video calls and conferences on MS Teams, Google Meet and Zoom
- Must have excellent proficiency in English language, both written and verbal.
- Professional, reliable, well organized with attention to details
- Highly effective client services and organizational skills
- Team player and highly adaptive to work in culturally diverse environment
Start date: ASAP
Work hours: Minimum 35 to 40 hours per week.