Calgary , AB
July 22, 2021
Employer: 1331391 AB Ltd. O/A Empanada Queen
Business Information: We’re a restaurant that serves authentic Chilean Cuisine. Our menu includes Empanadas: beef, chicken, spinach, cheese, etc. Sandwiches: chacareros, churrasco, barros lucos, etc. Traditional Dishes: pastel de choclo, humitas, chorillana, ensalada a la chilena.
Business and Work Address: 4-4412 Manilla Rd SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 4B7
Type of Employment: Full Time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs and monitor order supplies and equipment
- Inspect kitchen and food service area
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Manage kitchen operations
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Education: Completion of High school
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as a cook is required. If the candidate does not have 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required
- Knowledge of Chilean cuisine is a great asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, standing for extended periods, repetitive tasks, work under pressure, attention to detail and handling heavy loads-
- Personal suitability: Judgement, flexibility, team player, organized, initiative, dependability and reliability
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms and meals provided. Discount on establishment’s food.
Workday will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 6:30 PM on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tuesdays and Sundays off. Flexibility in schedule is required.