Arborist (Climbing arborist)
Edmonton , AB
July 12, 2021
Employer: 911330 Alberta Ltd. o/a Alberta Arborists
Business information: Alberta Arborists was founded on the belief and desire to see a professional tree service which practices proper and ethical tree care. We have over 24 years of experience in providing quality residential, commercial, and municipal tree and shrub care in Alberta.
Business address: 5480 Meridian Street, Edmonton, AB, T6P 1R3
Work address: Edmonton and surrounding areas
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Apply various treatments such as pruning damaged areas and injecting root fertilizer into the soil for the tree development
- Undertake full range of tree work including pruning, shaping, felling and removal of trees
- Pruning and removal of trees in tight residential/commercial locations
- Tree climbing
- Tree and plant ID
- Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease- they do
- Use of appropriate machinery and safety equipment related to tree work
- Maintain all relevant equipment in good working condition and communicate any safety concerns to the manager
- Drive to and from work locations
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of proficient tree climbing experience or experience as an arborist is required.
- Equipment and machinery knowledge required: chainsaws, bucket trucks, wood chippers, pruning saws, hedge trimmers, pole pruners and the like.
- Valid driver’s licence is required.
- Strong tree climbing and rigging abilities are required.
- Experience hauling a chipper trailer is an asset.
- Knowledge of tree biology is required.
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Work Site Environment: At heights, Noisy, Outdoors.
- Personal Suitability: Organized, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Client focus, Flexibility, Reliability, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills
- Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Salary: $28.85 per hour, 37.5 – 40.00 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance and Extended Medical Insurance.
Flexibility in schedule is required. The position requires working from Monday to Friday, 7.5 - 8 hours per day, from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Overtime and weekend work may be required based on the business needs.