Element 29 Ventures Ltd.
Kelowna , BC
Element 29 Ventures Ltd. is looking expand its business to manage an increasing number of mineral exploration projects within Canada and abroad. We are recruiting for a Business Manager to assist in facilitating this expansion. This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our office in Kelowna, British Columbia with occasional travel to other locations in Canada and abroad. The wage offered is $35/hour with benefits per employment standards. The language of work is English.
Job duties include:
- Plan, manage and oversee company operations and implementation of the company’s strategic objectives;
- Create policies and procedures to streamline business operations and improve company performance;
- Develop and implement strategies to assess service quality;
- Create action plans around financial, staffing, marketing, administrative and IT requirements and needs of the company
- Monitor upcoming project in the mineral exploration industry and gather background information to identify potential clients;
- Determine staffing needs for upcoming projects, manage recruitment of staff, screen applicants and provide input on final hiring decisions;
- Build, support and advise teams for upcoming projects;
- Train, supervise and coordinate staff;
- Plan budgets and track costs for client projects, contracts, equipment and supplies
- Coordinate with clients and provide regular administrative updates on work progress and adherence to budgets;
- Represent the company at official functions and conferences both locally and abroad;
- Provide logistical support for team members to ensure projects are carried out in a timely and streamlined manner;
- Act as a point of contact for human resources and administrative matters within the company
The successful candidate will be self-driven, highly organized, and have experience leading diverse teams of people, managing their performance, adhering to budgets, and reporting back to senior management and clients. A bachelor’s degree in business and at least 3 years of experience in a similar management position is required. International business experience and the ability to speak a second language is a strong asset.