TR Canada E&C Inc.
Calgary , AB
Tecnicas Reunidas (“TR”) Group is an international general contractor engaging in the engineering, procurement and construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies and multinational companies.
TR Canada E&C Inc. manages the Group’s operations in Canada from its offices in Calgary, AB.
Summary: Reporting to Chief Financial Officer, the person will be in charge for duties related to General Accounting, analysis and reporting to parent company. The ideal candidate will have over 3 years’ experience in EPC Oil & Gas industry as an Accountant, must be organized, multitasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Approve and prepare monthly journal entries, ensuring timely, accurate and efficient recording and analysis of month-end and year-end transactions
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts to subsystems (e.g. AP, AR, Bank accounts), to minimize risk of undetected errors and potential losses to the company.
- Process transactions through ERP (SAP) and other systems.
- Participate with the preparation of internal monthly reports to parent Company and Joint Venture, effectively meeting all deadlines related to monthly reporting including preparing analysis of the results and forecast;
- Assist with the annual external audit, including analyses for auditor’s requirements and processing of year-end schedules;
- Assist external tax advisors with the preparation if Income Tax Returns;
- Undertake general clerical duties such as dealing with correspondences and regulatory and tax filings.
- Collaborates on department initiatives and assist with special projects.
- Experience in a multinational, multi-currency environment is preferable.
- Experience in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) industry is an asset
- Strong process and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel (pivot tables and vlookups)
- Experience in SAP would be an asset
- Self- starter, proactive individual who is comfortable working independently as well as part of team
- Analytical and inquiry mind with high attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- EPC experience in Oil and Gas upstream, downstream and petrochemical industries
- 3 years plus experience of progressive General Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Relevant international qualification – CPA would be an asset
Hours of work (shifts): Permanent – Full Time.
Salary range: Wage is dependent on successful candidate’s experience and education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and RRSP's Plans