Field Production and Quality Assistant
Silver Valley Farms
Maple Ridge , BC
The Field Production and Quality Assistant is responsible for assisting the Field Operations Manager in various technical and administrative tasks. Specific duties of a Field Production and Quality Assistant include monitoring program schedules, assisting production supervisors and field crew with work preparation, handling day to day administrative tasks in the division, acting as liaison between quality control, field production and management ensuring that all the raw materials and farm equipment are stocked in appropriate quantities and meet the specification, monitoring the food safety program and performing several other tasks as required.
A Field Production and Quality Assistant reports to the Field Operations Manager.
Silver Valley Farms Ltd. is a family-owned and operated business experiencing growth and entry into new markets.
Silver Valley Farms Ltd. is a fast paced, high volume farm and fruit packing facility. This position must both adjust and adapt to the ongoing requirements.
The ideal candidate thrives on challenge and change, and seeks out communication and direction where required, yet has the confidence to make quality decisions required in the absence of direction.
- Assisting management in the overall operations of farms
- Based on direction from management develop production goals and communicate job expectations to employees and supervisors.
- Hire, coordinate, train and counsel employees to ensure compliance with established policies, good agricultural practices and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Direct farm workers to ensure safe and clean work environment, compliance with policies and good agricultural practices by staff
- Develop and provide reports by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing farm production
- Assist on the creation and revision of systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, and production results.
- Answering questions and responding to requests from department supervisors and senior management.
- Work with other departments to determine equipment and supplies purchase and repair needs.
- Post-secondary diploma in Agriculture/Science or related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in medium-large farm operation in similar position
- Minimum 2 year of supervisory experience in agriculture or related field
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent verbal/written communication (English) and interpersonal skills
- Spanish as a second language is an asset but not required
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full time position
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
- Estimated start date: May 1st, 2021
- Wage: $19.00 - $25 per hour depending on experience
- Positions available: 1