Junior Sous Chef
Quattro Restaurant is seeking a Junior Sous Chef for their restaurant located in Whistler, British Columbia.
- Supervise and oversee cooks, chefs and kitchen helpers;
- Train cooking staff in job duties, cooking techniques and the use of kitchen equipment;
- Assist with the planning of menus, feature items and specials, and estimate food requirements and costs;
- Maintain inventory of food and kitchen supplies and order items as required;
- Prepare and cook complete meals, individual dishes and speciality foods according to personal judgment and experience;
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality;
- Communicate effectively with other kitchen staff;
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Wage: $22.50/hour + gratuities;
- Full-time, permanent position;
- Business address and work location: 4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia, V8E 1B1;
- 40 hours per week;
- Overtime remitted per Employment Standards of BC;
- 4% vacation remitted per pay period;
- Language of Work: English
Trade certification in cooking (or equivalent credentials, training and experience) and several years of experience in commercial food preparation is required.