Engineering Supervisor - Hotel
Sheraton Gateway Hotel
February 4, 2021
Here's to Your Journey with Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, located at 3111 Convair Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5P1C4 is currently hiring.
- Install, maintain, perform preventative maintenance on, and recommend replacement of tools, appliances, and equipment.
- Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, etc. Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves.
- Order, mark, and stock parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain inventory and purchase orders log. Inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Operate power lift.
- Complete the life safety checklist, including the fire-pump run test and generator run test.
- Inspect fire sprinkler valves and alarm systems.
- Assist in development of disaster response protocols.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 20202468