Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Creative Therapy Consultants
Creative Therapy Consultants is passionate about making a difference in people's lives. We believe that we need to live the change we want to see in the world and feel privileged to be able to help people each day. Not only do we have the privilege of making people's lives better, but we also get to do this work in some of the most beautiful communities in Canada. We are biased, but we think we have it pretty good!
We value work-life balance, and we believe in the personal and professional development for each of our team members. Here at Creative Therapy Consultants, we support ongoing education, encourage service provision innovation and believe that every member of our team is a vital part of our organization's success.
Our team mainly focus on working with clients who have sustained physical or psychological injuries. Our Therapists take a holistic, team approach with their clients and all other therapy partners, to implement tailored strategies and reach positive goals for each one.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to have a positive and motivated attitude. If you would like to be an imperative part of each client's healing journey, you should consider joining our team!
- Signing bonus
- Relocation support
- Opportunity to earn 25% more than public sector employment
- Strong orientation program
- Mentorship and professional support
- Ongoing educational and professional development opportunities, with financial support
- Autonomy of schedule, hours, holidays, and caseload
- Leading-edge case management software program to manage billing and cases
- Assist individuals with injuries to identify realistic employment options through vocational testing, assessment, and exploration
- Conduct transferable skills analysis and labour market research
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis and job accommodation
- Provide employment and motivational counselling
- Case management services to ensure timely and cost-effective service delivery
- Complete required service reports
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes
We love our communities so much we made a video featuring the communities in which we are lucky enough to work and live – please take a look!
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or related field
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) designation, or eligible to receive the Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE) or Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) designation
- Minimum of three years' experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Well-developed time management, organization, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to document, maintain records and write reports
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle