Help Desk Manager - Information Technology (IT)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $42.00 - $45.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 2 (2 locations)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Specialized in IT customer services, Help Desk Manager is responsible for directing, evaluating, improving, and leading the technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve technical issues that customers encounter to ultimately, ensure high-quality technical support and high client satisfaction.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems development and operations.
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks, and information systems.
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project.
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians, and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
- Distribute customer feedbacks to proper groups of technical personnel to tackle and solve.
- Follow up with customers after service to identify areas of possible improvement.
- Recruit, train, and support help desk representatives and technicians in their daily work.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly performance reports on the help desk team’s productivity and accuracy.
- Establish standard operating procedures and policies to ensure best practices through the entire technical support process.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, business administration, commerce, or engineering is required.
- At least several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
- Strong leadership and management skills to lead the team and co-ordinate various groups in daily operation of the technical team.
- Passionate about delivering high quality technical support to customers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and troubleshooting skills with an ability to motivate the whole technical support team to achieve specific goals.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim's tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA0213