Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $21.25 – $24.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 1- 2 (2 locations)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to Pacrim’s travel agency, call centre, and office staff. Administrative Assistant will work in close collaboration with staff and senior management in order to support the business goals and create a productive work environment.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet, direct, and keep records of all incoming mail, deliveries, visitors, and clients.
- Oversee front desk operations via answering calls, e-mails, and in-person inquiries and escalating/transferring calls/concerns to the appropriate staff member or senior management.
- Prepare, review, and revise various communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, letters, and other correspondence and materials for the business and executives.
- Act as the first point of contact for scheduling and arranging all meetings, conference calls, conference room bookings, and act as secretary for executive meetings.
- Create, utilize, and manage a system for filing, ordering supplies, and mail receipts and distribution, calendar/booking system, updating website, and e-communication system.
- Schedule, verify, manage, and arrange appointments, meetings, conference room bookings for the executive staff, clients, guests, and visitors.
- Keep detailed records of inventory, via using office online management system and keeping electronic and hard copy files organized and updated.
- Assist in training and notifying office staff on the use of printer/copier, booking conference room, online booking system, and various other office processes.
- Assist senior staff in establishing policies, guidelines, and daily procedures for the office.
- Occasionally, may be responsible for booking business trips or assisting in arranging conferences, events, or other major business activities for the executive and senior team.
- Occasionally, act as a signer/monitor/checker for incoming shipments, supplies, inventory, and necessary documentation as well as follow-up actions.
- Special research projects, compiling data, creating marketing materials, or other projects.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- College level diploma or degree in administrative/clerical/business or related industry or program is required. Previous clerical/secretary experience may substitute for formal education. (Must have either the education or the experience to qualify.)
- Training will be provided by Executive Assistant, however, basic computer software knowledge, administrative skills, and interpersonal skills are ideal.
- Ability to work in a corporate level office environment and meet the needs of executive staff.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim's tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA1241