Call Centre Agent - Technical Support (IT)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $23.50 – $26.50/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 2 (2 locations)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Call Centre Agent – Technical Support Specialists are primarily responsible for providing technical support to clients who experience technical issues with our website/software systems. The ideal candidate will have experience providing solutions to intricate problems and will thrive on helping people reach their goals. We’re looking for team-oriented, highly motivated professionals with strong backgrounds in IT.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, identify, and resolve customer technical issues using applicable software and make necessary changes and updates to existing software.
- Respond to email requests from employees and customers seeking help with software or computer related issues with our website or payment systems.
- Occasionally, be available via phone assistance in order to walk customers/employees through technical difficulties and guide them to possible solutions.
- Learn the functions and back end of our software program so you can walk customers through the steps to achieve specific goals.
- Aid the development team in conceptualizing updates and upgrades that will enhance customers/users’ experience.
- Replicate, diagnose, and resolve technical problems encountered by customers.
- Supervise and train technical support team on maintaining a high level of courteous customer service at all times.
- Document and report product or service technical issues and resolutions to those issues for future reference and training for the IT Department and teams.
- Developing and implementing standards for inspection.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, computer programming, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT related position.
- Passionate about user experience and good communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly integrated team.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim's tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA2282