Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world?s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $33.50 - $35.50/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays, Day and Night Shifts (On Call)
2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 4
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Database developers and analysts primarily work with back-end and e-commerce developers in creating persistent, dynamic content via proper database design and implementation. Database analysts develop, create, and administer data management solutions using database management software.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and design database schemas and assist back-end developers with SQL code.
- Work with the front-end development team to integrate modules together.
- Ensure efficient database manipulation with SQL code.
- Coordinate with other developers to create seamless integration and solutions.
- Responsible for analyzing the needs of the company via collecting data, analyzing the data, designing algorithms, and implementing code for the logic developed through the algorithms.
- Write documentation about the system and put together an operational manual including information regarding changes or improvements to the database as they are implemented.
- Supervise and train back-end developer team on policies, running performance testing procedures, troubleshooting, and standards for the department and testing.
- Research, analyze, consult, develop, create, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or applied mathematics is preferred. Completion of college level program/diploma in related field also accepted.
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB, SQL and PHP.
- Experience implementing web-based payment processing.
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraint of timelines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly-integrated team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim?s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA2172