Systems Specialist - Computer Systems (IT)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $33.50 - $38.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 5
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: The System Specialists are primarily responsible for coordinating with the IT Department about IT-related infrastructure and development. They consult with the IT department on any issues that might come up and advise about potential fixes or efficiency controls. The ideal candidates will have a strong IT background and expertise in creating, analyzing, and implementing development plans, policies, and standard operating procedures.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone for both clients and employees.
- Research, evaluate, test, and recommend new business opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware, and IT processes and keep detailed logs and records.
- Develop, incorporate, and test out new strategies and IT policies and procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction and system security.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Consult with the executive team and the IT department on the newest technology and its implications in the industry.
- Design and execute SOP/testing procedures to extract data from test runs.
- Make recommendations for possible security/software upgrades, strategies, and changes within the IT department via coordinating with other IT team members and gathering intelligence from corporate executives and middle managers.
- Manage daily operations of the IT department and oversee departmental quotas.
- Compile and distribute reports on application development and utilization.
- Partner with application directors and creators to ensure each project meets a specific need and resolves successfully.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer systems engineering, business administration, information technology, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT related position.
- Additional certification or training in IT/Computer Systems is an asset.
- Passionate about user experience and have the ability to fulfill multiple roles simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Strong time management and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraint of timelines.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA2171