Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $28.00 - $30.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: The Reservation managers ensure the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue in order to meet or exceed the revenue target. They are required to manage operations, bookings, and keep accurate records to ensure that all rooms are filled whenever possible. This position often works with the revenue and rooms division managers on tourism goals and bookings.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping services are met or exceeded.
- Implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the daily operations of Pacrim Hospitality's travel and reservations.
- Recruit, manager, and actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the Training Manual and monitor their work performance.
- Regularly Inspect guest rooms, public areas, recreational area for cleanliness, appearance and also to make sure these areas are kept as per the resort's standard.
- Responsible for work schedules and approving duty rosters for departments, while taking into account the resort status - Arrival/Department/Occupancy.
- Manage inventory and negotiate with suppliers for the delivery of hotel supplies.
- Negotiate with domestic and international clients for the use of hotel facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions, and other events held at the properties.
- Provide timely and efficient customer service and reports based on customer complaints, suggestions, and comments.
- Resolve and keep record of all guest issues and ensure response to all queries and monitor flow of dining rooms and recommend ways to increase revenue.
- Participate in the development of marketing, sales, and promotional strategies via supervising group reservations and maintaining cordial relations with commercial clients.
- Bring to the attention Front Office Manager when the resort availability status be changed and prepare for necessary action.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in hotel management, business, travel and tourism, or other related discipline is preferred, but extensive experience may substitute for formal education.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in resort accommodation/reservation and travel agency.
- Ability to supervise 5-10 people, conduct training sessions, conduct performance reviews, and arrange for and oversee maintenance activities.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA0632