Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford , NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $27.50 - $29.50/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Bedford, NS
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. The primary focus of the purchasing agent is to establish business relations with other hotels and resorts in order to expand the travel agency tourism business.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing for the travel agency.
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased.
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions with other accommodation businesses.
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Negotiate acquisition or access rights of accommodation properties for travel agency use.
- Conduct field investigations of hotels, resorts, and other properties to promote for travel agency tourism.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising purchasing clerks (if necessary).
- Create materials and consult with prospective clients to review business plans and deals.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or economics is required.
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or as an administrative clerk is required.
- Previous management experience and experience in obtaining information about goods/services, negotiating contracts with vendors, monitoring business performance, purchasing goods and services, and following organizational policies and procedures.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position entails traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA1225