Operating Officer (Administration)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford , NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $21.00 - $24.00/hour
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Where: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Operating officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. The primary job of the Operating Officer will be to ensure quality assurance of Pacrim brand name at all locations. Operating Officers will be responsible for inspecting each location and administering policies and procedures given by the VP of Operations and Pacrim.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and inspect each hotel to ensure Pacrim and hotel brand policies are being followed.
- Oversee, inspect, and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and implement existing company procedures at each Pacrim location.
- Establish inspection system, set goals for staff, and monitor their progress to ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed at each location.
- Carry out administrative activities such as conducting frequent performance reviews.
- Administer policies and procedures related to Pacrim and hotel brand to ensure quality assurance.
- Develop improved business functionality that increases profits and/or services.
- Contribute to innovation of new products and/or services.
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services.
- Assist VP of Operations in conducting analyses and overseeing administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes.
- Assist VP of Operations in preparation of operating budget and managing inventory.
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence on inspection of each Pacrim location.
- Communicate with management teams to confirm execution of company processes.
- Train staff in policies and procedures and ensure their work practices and ethics are in compliance with best business practices throughout organization.
- Implement improved operational measures and policies that promotes efficiency.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A university degree is required.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive officer/inspector/supervisory position is required.
- Previous experience in implementing policies and creating reports is an asset.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1221