Information Technology - Development Manager
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
February 4, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development and a travel agency. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $42.00 - $45.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 2-3 (2 locations)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: The IT development manager is someone familiar with specific operating systems and hardware components, works on a company’s core platform to create and optimize all the various functions needed to establish a strong computer infrastructure. They manage, design, establish, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations. They analyze, design, develop, implement, operate, and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks, and information systems.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on platform development for the company.
- Establish, coordinate, regulate and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) IT department.
- Create and execute policies and procedures for developing company's operations involving electronic data processing and platform development.
- Set up and explain structure of system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Prepare and present governance, organizational design, project proposals, project charters, and platform development plans to Senior Client Executives/Stakeholders.
- Design, develop, implement, and operate company platform and information systems.
- Monitor and control IT department expenses and budget for all projects.
- Work with the IT Leadership Team on the enterprise-wide IT strategy and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget and ultimately deliver the outcomes expected in the strategy.
- Train, supervise, and manage information technology (IT) engineers, developers, and technicians to form IT teams for platform development department.
- May perform the same duties as employees managed.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A degree in computer science, business administration, or related field is preferred. Several years of experience in the industry may substitute for formal education.
- Preferably 5 plus years of experience in project management, business development, and business analyzing in a project management role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in platform development, software development/engineering, project management, systems analysis, data administration, network design, or computer programming, including supervisory experience, is preferred.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA0213