MNP Executive Search & Professional Recruitment
Morris , MB
On behalf of our client, EcoPoxy Inc., we are recruiting for an Accountant to join their team located in Morris, Manitoba. EcoPoxy Inc. is a manufacturing and distributing company committed to creating bio-based epoxies made from annually renewable resources.
Ecopoxy Inc. is seeking an experienced Accountant with an entrepreneurial spirit and who enjoys rolling up their sleeves in the day-to-day accounting and financials while fostering and supporting the team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accountant is responsible for assisting with and performing various full-cycle accounting functions, reporting, and financial analysis. We are seeking a dynamic individual who has strengths in attention to detail, organization, multitasking, and working with financial information to ensure successful company performance. This financial role will appeal to a confident professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and drive to achieve results.
- Managing the day-to-day full cycle accounting function
- Maintaining the general ledger and financial statements for several companies within the EcoPoxy group, including timely and accurate recording of all transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Preparing management reports, including financial statements, cash flow, budgets, and forecasts
- Assisting with the development of necessary policies and procedures to support an appropriate control environment
- Assisting with the treasury function, including payments, cash management, and reporting
- Preparing and submitting statutory filings and remittances
- Working with and training accounting staff members in supporting roles
- Completing year end activities, including preparation of working paper files and financial statements
- Conducting administrative activities to support the CEO, including correspondence, scheduling, staff communications, and documentation
- Responding to inquiries from the CEO, including financial information and projects, as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA, CPA)
- Minimum three to five years of relevant work experience, ideally in a manufacturing and/or agricultural environment
- Experience with not-for-profit entities an asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices including, cash flow forecasting, consolidated financial statements and management reporting
- Full proficiency in a computerized environment, including accounting software and Microsoft Office, as well as direct experience with ERP manufacturing software or similar
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills, with the ability to work well in an environment that requires multi-tasking and setting priorities to complete tasks
This career opportunity will appeal to a highly motivated professional who thrives in a team and fast-paced environment.