Financial Analyst (Investments)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford , NS
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $27.00 - $30.00/hour
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Where: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Financial Analyst/Investment Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing financial data generated by client properties and corporate-owned enterprises to provide Senior Management with advice and recommendations to support Pacrim’s strategic business planning and policy development.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate and send financial analysis reports to upper management and provide explanations for financial risks and financial forecast.
- Provide analysis, interpret financial data, and recommend necessary changes to achieve strategic goals.
- Review the balance sheet to perform appropriate analysis of short-term and long-term cash flows as well as assess financial performance.
- Assess contracts and provide considerate recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with accounting team to review financial information and forecasts to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Develop and utilize tools for managing and analyzing Pacrim's financial portfolio.
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to Pacrim and clients.
- Implement quality control policies and procedures and continuously look to improve business processes related to the financials and cost containment.
- Use financial tools, graphics, and presentations to illustrate Pacrim's, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes, and correspondence.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for cost optimization and process improvement.
- Perform other financial duties as assigned by management.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A high school diploma is required; A bachelor's degree in fields of Financial Management, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or E-commerce is an asset.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a financial environment as senior financial manager/analyst is a must to succeed in this position.
- Excellent judgmental, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially strong proficiency with Excel for financial modelling and financial analysis.
- Great oral and written communication ability to work and effectively with senior-level business partners.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim's tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1112