Financial Manager (Investments)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford , NS
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $53.00 - $55.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Where: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, evaluating, and improving Pacrim’s financial operations, the Financial Manager aims to up-hold performance standards and improve the Pacrim’s overall finance by preparing various financial reports and providing recommendations for senior management.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate the general operations in departments of accounting, audit, finance, and administrative services and ensure the financial aspect of those activities are up to Pacrim's best financial interest.
- Establish and implement financial policies and operating procedures for Pacrim's financial activities to comply with.
- Lead the preparations of the financial statements, investment summaries, and cost-benefit analysis for all the financial projects.
- Prepare annual budgets with proper financial planning and forecasting as well as all the financial information gathered by audits and analysts across all departments.
- Direct the efforts to develop and implement new financial simulation models.
- Evaluate the Pacrim's financial accounting, monitoring, reporting systems, budgets, and other financial control functions and make changes to those systems.
- Act as liaison between the organization and shareholders, the public backers, and external financial analysts when necessary.
- Establish and up-hold profitability standards for investment activities, and handle mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in fields of Financial Management, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or E-commerce is required.
- At least 5 years of senior level experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
- Excellent judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills; Strong leadership to lead the finance team.
- Great oral and written communication ability to work and effectively with senior-level business partners.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim's tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC0111