Executive Assistant (to VP of Operations)
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $29.50 - $31.00/hour
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Workdays: Weekdays (M-F)
Where: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Executive Assistants, reporting directly to Vice-President of Operations, co-ordinate hotel administrative procedures, public relations activities and organize marketing and promotional events, both in Canada and International markets.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and co-ordinates administrative policies and procedures for VP of Operations hotel management.
- Analyzes incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepares and co-ordinates the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to corporate headquarters on behalf of hotel General Manager.
- Prepares agendas and arrangements for meetings with all outside stakeholder groups, including foreign tourism associations and trade delegations.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
- Meet with individuals, government officials, tourism delegations and others on behalf of hotel General Manager to assess and recommend various services the courses of action.
- Liaise with hotel department managers and corporate officials to prepare for meetings and negotiations with outside organizations and tourist associations.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Secondary School Diploma is required. Additional educational and/or skills in administration is preferred.
- Experience in a related administrative occupation in the hospitality or related sector is required.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC1222