Engineering Service Manager
Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $51.00 (Negotiable – DOE)
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Where: Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: Engineering Service Managers assist in blueprints, building plans, directing hotel construction projects, and other engineering consulting and evaluating capabilities. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for managing Pacrim's ongoing construction projects, designs, and policies and procedures to ensure quality assurance and team development.
- Create, monitor, and implement detailed engineering plans, processes, policies, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- Advise and confer with management, production, and other personnel to discuss project design, project management, specifications, and procedures.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members and present findings, reports, and proposals for engineer projects.
- Conduct various research, negotiations, and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Manage, train, and coordinate with engineering team to determine various staffing and training needs.
- Collaborate within the construction team, client representatives, subcontractors, consultants, architects and suppliers.
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Planning, organizing, directing controlling and evaluating hotel construction projects from start to finish, according to schedule, specifications and budget - and participating in conversations and decisions involving company policies and programs.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering OR related engineering discipline is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in civil, electrical, mechanical, or other related engineering is preferred.
- Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory/managerial experience, is required.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position entails some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC0211