Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
Bedford & Digby, NS
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Job Title: Website Developer/Designer
Pay Range: $24.00 - $28.00/hour
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: 2 Locations Bedford & Digby, Nova Scotia
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: IT Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites The IT developer is someone intimately familiar with specific operating systems and hardware components, works on a company’s core platform to create and optimize all the various functions needed to establish a strong computer infrastructure. The developer needs to be a big picture thinker and always keeping in mind why they’re building something and who they are building it for. They must be able to think out of the box and develop creative solutions.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on platform development for the company.
- Consult with upper-level management and executives to develop and document Web site requirements.
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards for travel agency.
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements.
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site.
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation, and other software.
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate, and test Web site related code.
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls.
- Lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity, and interactivity.
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business or completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
- Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in platform development, software development/engineering, project management, systems analysis, data administration, network design, or computer programming, including supervisory experience, is preferred.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: TA2175