Pacrim Hospitality Services Inc.
January 29, 2021
Company Overview: Pacrim manages a portfolio of 8 multi-branded hotels throughout Canada, totaling some 876 hotel rooms, suites and cottages, with several more properties under development. Pacrim has, for nearly two decades, expertly managed hotels in partnership with many of the world’s most recognized hotel brands.
Pay Range: $15.00 - $19.00/hour
Work Hours: 35-40 hours/week
Where Bedford, B4A 0C1
Number of Vacancies: 2
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Benefits: Benefits Package Available
Employment Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Position Summary: The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for supervising and leading the operations of the housekeeping department. The Executive Housekeeper’s priority is ensuring that all rooms meet hotel quality control requirements, health and safety regulations, and company service excellency standards under the Pacrim brand.
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for corporate trainings, audits, and quality control for all facility housekeepers and departments.
- Design, plan, and deliver corporate training to ensure quality control guest room and public area inspections to ensure health, safety, and hygiene standards are met.
- Create reports documenting and evaluating guest needs and complaints of safety and health issues to ensure required services are delivered promptly and correctly.
- Ensure quality housekeeping services are provided and appropriate administrative procedures are followed.
- Assist in the establishment of housekeeping policies and operational procedures for the department.
- Administer housekeeping services budget and ensure that adequate and proper supplies and equipment are always available.
- Set up and co-ordinate housekeeping services in conjunction with other hotel services.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of housekeeping personnel.
- Collaborate on quality control projects related to improving guest experiences for international clients with senior hotel management.
- Interact and communicate directly with all housekeeping staff to identify and remedy housekeeping issues.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- A university degree is required. Preferably hospital management, hotel management, or business administration or related fields is an asset.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in hotel/hospital/homecare is an asset. Previous experience in evaluating client/patient needs to ensure delivery of standardized quality service in an asset.
- Previous operational experience in hotel/hospital/homecare is an asset.
- Language: English essential, but candidates with foreign language skills that support Pacrim’s tourism goals and match profile of international clientele is an asset.
- Additional Information: Position may entail some traveling within Nova Scotia.
Quote Job Reference: PHSC6312