Personal Care Attendant - home care
Port Hope, ON
April 9, 2021
For adult male person with multiple sclerosis.
Employer: Residence of disabled son - Mrs. and Mr. Thomas
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Feeding, which would be pouring milk in a G-Tube feeding bag
- Heavy lifting with lifting device (Hoyer)
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Maintenance of catheter
- Assist in regular exercise of limbs
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious fluids via feeding bag
- Total dependency on caregiver for all necessities as he is unable to do anything for himself
- Cutting of toe nails/finger nails
- Provide weekly grooming of facial hair and haircuts
- Accompany with guardians to monthly doctor appointments
- Support guardians with transfer into transportation vehicle
- Outdoor leisure activities as weather permits (walks, mall)
Education: Completion of Secondary school
Experience: At least one year of full-time experience as a caregiver or personal care attendant is required
Experience in providing care to sedentary individual is a strong asset
Must not have issues with transfer lifting
Physically able to perform the job duties
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, combination of sitting, standing, walking, physically demanding, and repetitive tasks.
- Punctuality, Organized
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication, judgment, reliability.
Salary: $18.00 per Hour, 30 hours per week.
Position requires flexibility in scheduling. Work schedule is Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm, one hour of paid lunch is included.
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is not a condition of employment.
Benefits: 6 paid sick days per year.