Cardio Health Incorporation
- Performing diagnostic cardiac sonography procedures using independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings.
- Ability to acquire excellent images.
- Prepare examination reports for physicians; Operate ultrasound imaging equipment to produce and record images
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required.
- Record, store and process scanned images by using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment
- Evaluate, collate and provide the impression of exam.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and physical comfort of patients while they are in your care.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of procedures
- Maintains efficiency and effective work practices
- Supervise and train other staff and sonographers
- Monitor examination to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images and equipment, manage repairs, and make adjustments and making sure smooth operations.
- Efficiently and effectively Operating ultrasound imaging equipment that transmits high frequency sound pulses
- Support the team by performing duties such as: entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system; preparing patients for specific procedures; and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment and techniques.
- Preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results
- Recording sonographs, recording and depositing the scans to HHC storage
Qualifications/ Skills required:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as Echocardiography/ Cardio vascular technologist-sonographer.
- University or college education in Echocardiography/ Cardio vascular diagnostic.
- Registered/Certified with Sonography Canada MRTO, CPSO, CNO, CMO or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and/or have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Require good knowledge of cardiac anatomy
- Experience in Stress Echo and Contrast bubble study, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, pericardiocentesis is an asset
- Experience in hospital or clinical environment is preferred
- CPR/ Standard First Aid certificate required.
- Detailed knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by Sonography Canada is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of PACS/radiology information systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval is required
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others is valued
- Required expert skills in Ultrasound techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies
- Must be physically fit to perform the job duties
- Should have experience in using
- Philips Epiq 7c
- Philips CX50
- Philips iE33 Matrix
- Philips iE33
- Sequoia Siemens Acuson C512
- GE Vivid I Portable
- Samsung H60
- Velox Imaging (PACS)
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: