Sidney All Care Residence
Company operating name: Sidney All Care Residence
Business Address: 2269 Mills Road, Sidney BC, V8L 2C3
Sidney All Care is an 88-bed complex care Residence. We strive to make a resident feel at home and the staff an extension of a resident’s family, caring for those that mean the most to them and us.
We are currently looking to strengthen our teem with passionate Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) (5 vacancies) who love working with seniors.
If you are an LPN who finds passion and joy in making every day the best for those you interact with, then Sidney All Care Residence is the place for you!
We value team member engagement, encourage feedback and promote wellness in all areas of our community. Sidney All Care Residence encourages healthy lifestyles for our team members including our health & wellness program, home-cooked meals and activities that improve quality of life and a healthy work-life balance.
Job duties. A Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Administers, stores, discards and controls prescribed medications including narcotics.
- Delivers treatments to residents as prescribed by a physician or other equally responsible party. This includes but is not limited to dressing applications, catheterization, oxygen therapy, glucometer testing, suctioning and intermuscular and subcutaneous injections and specimen collection.
- Provides ongoing assessment of residents' health status. Vital sign monitoring, behavior monitoring, neuro vitals when required, follows all established protocols around falls, assessments, pain, skin integrity and care level reviews. Responsible for reporting changes in health status to physician and families as needed.
- Documents and updates all relevant information about care and procedures to achieve resident safety and comfort.
- Provides leadership and direction to all Health Care Aides on the unit.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care conferences, Joint Occupational Health and Safety meetings, fire drills, in-services and educational opportunities.
- Liaises with various departments to ensure quality resident care.
Required qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Completion of an LPN program at a recognized School of Nursing
- Current registration with CLPNBC (provincial regulatory body in BC)
- Successful completion of the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE)
- Previous residential care experience preferred and a genuine interest in working with the elderly and chronically ill is required
- Demonstrated clinical competence, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills and ability to facilitate team building, change and resource management
- Well-developed analytical, judgment, decision-making, and conflict resolution abilities
- Strong competency with operating computers and other health related technology
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast paces environment
These are full-time, permanent positions, based on 30 hours per week or more.
And in addition to making each day extraordinary, at Sidney All Care Residence some of what you will receive, are competitive wages (see below), RRSP program, vacation, continuing education, health & wellness fund, free parking, comfortable break room with vending machines, free coffee, tea and WIFI accessible to all team members.
Medical & Extended Health Benefits are also offered after 450 hours worked. Extended Health Benefits consist of dental, vision, travel insurance, life insurance, counselling, and long term disability plan. And we also have a sick leave policy in place.
Wage: between $28.15 and $29.85 per hour. The starting salary step will be determined by the Director of Care upon hiring based on experience and proven skills Salary increases one step after every 1,920 hours worked. We also offer shift premiums for LPNs.
Sidney All Care Residence is located in beautiful Sidney-by-the-Sea (2269 Mills Road, Sidney BC, V8L 2C3) and we’re looking for you to help us make a difference in our residents’ lives. If you’re looking to join a dynamic family oriented community then we want to hear from you!