December 5, 2020
WISE MART- a busy and established everyday essentials store located at Yonge/Davisville is seeking a customer-oriented store supervisor with exceptional service and leadership skills.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week with a fluctuating work schedule based on 8-hour shifts and requires working during holidays and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and co-ordinate store associates and cashiers;
- Create weekly work schedules based on store requirements;
- Assist in training of new employees and conduct orientations;
- Monitor the daily activities of the store associates and assist as needed;
- Place orders of goods and ensure timely reorders to maintain inventory;
- Generate daily reports on sales, merchandising, and payments;
- Authorize return of merchandise;
- Resolve customer complaints to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Provide guidance to store associates on how to effectively deal with complaints;
- Evaluate the performance of store associates and provide additional training;
- Ensure store cleanliness and that all COVID-19 protocols are followed by the staff and customers;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
Secondary school graduation certificate required;
A college diploma would be considered an asset;
Work experience in retail sales minimum of 1 year;
Wage: $17:50 per hour
Overtime: $24.75 per hour (paid after 44 hours per week)
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we provide face masks, gloves, and face shields. We have also installed plastic shields. Masks are mandatory for customers in our store, and we have hand sanitizing stations.