Operations Manager/Project Manager
WHO WE ARE - Thrive Electrify is a unique electrical contracting company. We specialize in the design and installation of LED Lighting and advanced lighting controls. We also specialize in utilizing the excess energy saved from a lighting retro-fit project and channeling it into Electric Charging. We provide the design, engineering and installation of Electrical Charging Infrastructure for vehicles, equipment and machinery. We work in the Institutional, Commercial and Industrial sector through-out the lower mainland and at times complete projects through-out B.C. Our core values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Team-Work, and Energy Savings are our guiding principles on who we hire, how me manage and who like to work with. We stand out above all others because of our expertise in our field, enthusiasm for what we do and our ability to take the client experience to the next level.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations Manager/Project Manager plays a key role in oversight and management of the operations of the company. This role will manage the day-to-day operations of the company while developing and executing strategies to help the company complete its projects efficiently, safely and to the highest quality. Further, it will:
- develop, track and manage KPIs;
- manage direct reports and the workforce;
- train, coach and mentor staff;
- support recruitment as necessary;
- undertake root cause analysis to solve issues;
- review and revise SOPs as necessary;
- lead and manage yield, efficiency, quality, safety of projects;
- support quality, maintenance and new project initiatives;
- model and live Thrive’s core values;
- lead and achieve results to improve all aspects of our operations performance; and
- the implementation and tracking of projects and service calls makes up a large percentage of the role.
We are looking for the right person to grow with our unique company, believe in what we do, and create their own success story as the company strives towards our vision. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, results oriented and energetic; five years’ experience working in similar Operations and in progressive management positions; have proven team building skills; and a demonstrated track record of achieving exceptional results, customer satisfaction and profitability.
This role requires someone who is a clear communicator, has vision to grow the business, project management skills to see projects through to completion, analytical skills to interpret data to make solid decisions, solid computer skills, attention to detail to get things done right the first time, and ability and desire to work in a team based, no-ego environment.
- Plan the day-to-day project management operations
- Plan, staff, supervise and co-ordinate all labour, sub-contractors, suppliers and onsite activity to keep the project moving forward
- Manage material procurement and cost analysis
- Manage project financial tracking, compile and manage contract payments and all contract paperwork
- Update company processes and procedures as required
- Assist with company direction and strategy while helping drive the company business plan forward
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Be good at managing projects and dealing with challenges
- Match the Core Values of Thrive
- Strong computer (Microsoft Office, Zoho) and communication skills
- The ability to excel in a busy multi-project environment
- To be adaptable and switch between numerous items successfully
- To face new challenges well, make decisions and implement
- Detail orientated and organized
- AutoCAD or Lighting design software experience is a bonus
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean abstract, ability to acquire security clearances
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Competitive wage and bonus package
- This is a full time position, 8 hours per day Monday to Friday, however, applicants must be willing to be flexible including weekends and evenings when required.
- Please apply with your resume and cover letter.
- Please provide your preferred salary range in your cover letter.
- Only those candidates considered for an interviewed will be contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: