Optical Network Engineer(Ciena 6500)
Altran is the world leader in engineering and R&D services. We offer our clients a unique value proposition to meet their transformation and innovation challenges. We support our clients, from concept through industrialization, to develop the products and services of tomorrow and have been working for more than 35 years with major players in many sectors: automotive, aeronautics, space, defense & naval, rail, infrastructure & transportation, industrial & consumer products, life sciences, communications, semiconductor & electronics, software & internet, finance & public sector. Altran has more than 50,000 employees operating in over 30 countries. In April 2020, we became part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services.
100% remote opportunity
Main Key skill – Ciena 6500 migration activities
- Implements upgrades on Customer’s In-Service networks without impacting the services provided to the end user. This includes, but is not limited to, Channel Adds, Node Insertions, Traffic Migrations, and HW/SW Upgrades.
- Plan, develop and execute on Customer modernization plans for evolving customer networks via the EMOP process. Create and own Engineering Method of Procedures (EMOP), supports field execution remotely of these modernization projects. Including, but not limited to:
- Perform remote audit of network elements using GUI and/or TL1 commands
- Create traffic migration “cut sheets” and network diagrams showing before and after configurations
- Plan migration and create TL1 scripts to be executed during the MW
- Write eMOP and review internally and externally
- Execute eMOP and scripts during MW
- Ensure proposed solutions are technically viable, i.e. meet all product and software capabilities and guidelines meet customer requirements and provide maximum benefit to us.
- Deliver and own Network Engineering documentation for Customers via the Detailed Network Design service offering.
- Validates that the actions taken by the Assigned Project Team are executed properly as per the steps detailed in the Engineering Method of Procedure (EMOP).
- Ensures the Customer’s network is operating in a stable state as designed during Maintenance Window activities.
- Working with engineering consultants and the customer, generates quality detailed low level design documentation that reflects the subsea network design requirements.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: