B. Braun Medical Inc.
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Clinical Educator (CE) is committed to providing medical product related education, hands-on training, and follow up product support to our existing and/or potential customers on the use of B. Braun Medical vascular access and IV/Infusion therapy related products. The CE reports directly to the National Manager, Clinical Support and Services, and collaborates with Clinical Zone Managers, Clinical Nurse Consultants, Clinical Administration, and Sales Team members to advance the sales process while maximizing customer experience and satisfaction. The primary role of the CE is to support B. Braun Medical's infusion pump and vascular access product lines.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Provides education/training to our existing or potential customers on the use of B. Braun Medical's products.
- Works with Sales Representatives/CNC to advance the sales process and maximize customer satisfaction through in-service education and training programs (Mentoring Program), clinical and product trouble-shooting, and follow-up activities. Product focus revolves primarily around the Infusion Therapy and Introcan Safety product line but may include any of the product portfolio.
- Functions as a clinical and product expert representing B. Braun Medical in the healthcare community.
- Conducts and leads in-services and educational sessions relative to BBM products during evaluations, conversions and trouble-shooting
- Serves as a product resource expert/mentor for other BBM educators while in accounts performing training/educational activities ----Works under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Nurse Consultant along with BBM Sales Representatives.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- Strong Bilingual French / English
- Reside within 1 to 2 hours of Major Airport
- Previous Education Training Experience
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Associate's or technical degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Frequent business travel required
- Valid driver's license and passpor
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
- Valid RN license
- Regular and predictable attendance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.